IMPORTANT NOTICE: PLEASE CHECK THE FUNCTIONALITY OF YOUR PRESSURE COOKER BEFORE MAKING THE CHOLENT OR YAPCHIK ON PAGES 88/89. DEPENDING UPON YOUR MODEL THE PRESSURE COOKER MAY NOT SHUT OFF COMPLETELY AFTER COOKING. THE SOLUTION IS TO USE AN EXTERIOR TIMER, OR NOT LOCK THE LID AND PRESSURE VALVE, AND/OR USE A GLASS LID.
- Chicken with Rice and Yukon Gold Potatoes (p. 64) – Possibly need to increase water
- Depending upon the type or size of EPC you have, or if your EPC tends to show the “Burn” notice easily, you may need to increase the water (2nd ingredient) to 2 cups.
- Rice Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables (p.70) – Rice Noodles added twice
- Step 3 in the instructions indicates to add the rice noodles, then Step 6 says to toss them in. Please do not add the noodles in Step 3 but DO add them in Step 6.
- Cholent and Yapchik (p. 88/89) – Time setting issues
- While I specify in the book that everyone should know their own EPC, I want to make it clear that it is especially important in these recipes. You may need to use a glass lid, or simply place the EPC lid on top of the EPC without locking it. You must check with your personal manufacturer’s EPC settings and instructions for these recipes.
- Succulent Turkey Breast Roast (p. 76) – Mode Confusion
- The Mode at the top of the page states to cook the turkey using Low Pressure but step 5 says to cook it using Manual High Pressure Mode. Cook the turkey according to step 5 using Manual High Pressure Mode.
The Genuine Instant Pot Tempered Glass Lid, 9 in. (23 cm), 6 Quart, Clear
You can find this perfect lid on Amazon for just $12.56!
OXO Good Grips Silicone Egg Rack
I love these because you can stack them, one on top of the other. You can also use them as a trivet in your Electric Pressure Cooker.
Amazon price $8.96
OXO Good Grips Silicone Pressure Cooker Roasting Rack
The is the best roasting rack I’ve found. It’s made of silicone so it’s heat resistant, won’t scratch your Pressure Cooker inner pot and is easy to clean. I also like that it keeps your food the right distance from the bottom of the Pressure Cooker inner pot reducing burn notices.
OXO Good Grips Pressure Cooker Bakeware Sling, Red
I really like this bakeware sling because you can set your inner pan or food on top of it and then just lift your stuff out by the handles when it’s done. This saves you from the dreaded aluminum foil slings!
Amazon price: $11.16
THIS is what I’m talking about! EasyShopForEveryone Stainless Steel Round Cake Flan Mold with Lid Handle, 7.5 x 3.5 Inches, Bakeware, Lasagna, Pudding, Water Bath Baking Pan, Casserole, Pot in Pot, Compatible with 6qt Instant Pot
This is a great example of the pan I talk about in Shabbos Under Pressure. It’s just wide enough to fit into your 6 quart with a tight fitting lid so that you don’t get liquid into your food. I love that this version has a handle on top that you can use to pull it out.
Amazon Price: $20.99 with in cart Amazon coupon.
Instant Pot Pressure Diverters – Because releasing pressure should be fun!!!
From the cover of Shabbos Under Pressure!
Yes…she’s real! “Ruby” is the lovely pressure release diverter that I used on the cover of Shabbos Under Pressure. While it many people thought it was actually a replica of me (I know, that’s what I look like when MY pressure is released), its just an accessory found on Amazon!
Amazon price: $14.99
And…this is Henry…
This is Henry. When Henry needs to release pressure, steam comes out of his ears. Henry needs a home.
Amazon price: $14.99
Sometimes you just need a minion to do the work for you! You can find this cute guy on Amazon .
- Amazon links are affiliate links
- Prices are subject to change